For Christmas, a friend of mine gave me a gift. Innocently enough, I opened the package. Truffettes de France. I popped one in my mouth. I didn't like it. But, what was I now going to do with 2 lbs. of French Truffles? I can't regift them because I just opened the box. Perhaps I could put a few on a plate of goodies and pass them off that way. The next day, just for the heck of it, I tried another one. It wasn't as bad as I'd remembered from the day before. Just to make sure, I tried one more. I checked the nutritional label (yeah, like there's any nutrition in these things). A serving size was "about" 5 pieces (how do you "about" eat 5 pieces? Either you're eating a piece or you aren't). I thought I could never eat 5 pieces in a day, but I didn't think it tasted bad anymore. By the following day, I was thinking about them while I was at work and wishing I'd packed a few with me. At this point in time, I'm completely addicted to them and don't know what I'll do when the box is empty. The good news is, I'm still on the first of two packages that came in the box. And, I can be satisfied with just one after dinner. Okay, sometimes two, and rarely I go for number 3. But I have never had a FULL serving all in one day. It's called restraint. Or guilt. I'm not sure.
This is the same friend who introduced me to Stephen's Gourmet Hot Cocoa Chocolate Mint Truffle. There's that word again! Truffle! Aaaahhhhhh!
1 comment:
Maybe I read your post wrong....
How can you get addicted to something that you don't even like?
That's like being addicted to beer or cigarettes. It's disgusting, but you're just so determined to like it that you keep going back for more.
Post a Comment