
I went shopping at Ikea. I bought this cute easel so Agnes could have fun with some art projects when she comes to visit in a couple of weeks. On one side is a white board, and on the other side...

is a chalkboard. Underneath, you can see is a roll of paper that can be brought up and over either side for painting. I think she will like it! My next purchase was the big sister pot to the green pot I bought a couple weeks ago (it's SO your fault, April!). I've been wanting the big one since I bought a big ol' hunk of meat at the store that's now waiting in my freezer for it's big chance to be the centerpiece of the dining table.

The roast was too big for the little pot, so I had to gets me da bigga one! Justification at its best.
Now lookie what came in the mail yesterday! I put the cell phone there so you could see how tiny these little babies are. I got four sets of them so if I have some grandbabies visit, they can have a little dish! Too fun.

Lastly, a patient of ours (who is also a relative) brought me some peanut brittle. I love peanut brittle.

She stretches it out very thin. I believe I have become a peanut brittle snob- I'll only eat Debbie's peanut brittle. Maybe one day I'll get brave enough to try making some myself.
3 comments:
I love those green pots! I need some recipes for the cast iron pot. I bought the 5.5 qt red Martha Stewart one (it isn't as orange as it looks online) but don't really know what to cook in it. I use the crockpot a lot - are they interchangeable?
YUM YUM YUM!! I love peanut brittle. I wish I could eat it every day!
April, this is the recipe I made the only time I have used my little green pot. http://bloggingitswhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/2007/12/crockpot-beef-stew.html
I should have used the big green pot, but I didn't have it then. I used the oven directions. Anything you can find that says use a dutch oven...you're good to go. I don't think crockpot recipes are automatically interchangeable but I could be wrong. You'd at least have to change the cooking times and maybe the liquid amounts.
Stacey, if you love peanut brittle you would kill for this stuff. It's the best.
Post a Comment