

I'm not going to say anything about the movie except, bring your tissue.
After the movie, we went to Iggy's for dinner. I debated between the cheese enchiladas and the coconut shrimp. Since Kim ordered the shrimp, I ordered cheese enchiladas, rice and beans. I ate a few bites of the enchiladas and then tried the beans. Oh, big mistake! Huge! It was like licking the bottom of an ashtray (no, I've never done that, but I can only imagine)! Uck, yuck, nasty, gross! Then, just to make sure, Kim tasted the beans. He agreed with me. Cheryl smelled them and said I was right. Bud was too smart to taste or smell them. He took our word for it. We decided to ask if the beans always tasted/smelled like that. We were told conflicting stories, but the bottom line was they brought me coleslaw for a replacement. Not a big improvement. The best part of my dinner was Kim's shrimp, which he very kindly shared with me. I was going to take a picture of the beans for you, but my camera was misbehaving and wouldn't turn on. If it doesn't behave after I charge the battery, it's in big trouble!
Due to the above activities, we missed all but the last 5 minutes of the debate. Aw, shucks.
4 comments:
If you insist on being uninformed about the issues and candidates, you must therefore do as I, who am hyper-informed, say and vote as I tell you. As in all matters cooking, I am your source for information.
And my second thought: WHY DO YOU INSIST ON GOING TO CRAPPY CHAIN RESTAURANTS?!!!?
So, by not saying anything about the movie, are you not even going to tell us if you liked it or not? If it's worth seeing or not? If Richard Gere is way too old to be playing romantic comedies still?
Richard Gere is not too old for me...he may be too old for you. I wouldn't say this is a romantic comedy. I'd say it's a romantic drama. If you know me well enough, you know what I have to have for a movie to be "good." Three elements...I laugh, I cry, and a good ending. This had 2 of the 3.
Post a Comment