Pin It!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Patti's St. Patty's Party

This was my way of calling "game night" something a little fancy. Besides, what is a party but having friends come over, playing games and snacking on a lot of sugar?
I was in a vinyl crazy mood, so I slapped some shamrocks on my cute little milk bottles. I found the straws at Zurchers. I couldn't pass them up. When did paper straws go from lame to retro-cool?

The popcorn is covered in green Candy Melts, with some pretzels, peanuts and M&M's added to it.

I filled up the bottles with Brazilian lemonade, which I love. Grab the recipe here

Unfortunately, I added a few lot of drops of food coloring.

I knew I wanted to make this for the real dessert of the night. 

I should have waited for it to warm up enough to take a better picture, but I was impatient. 

I adapted this recipe just a little bit. Doesn't that make you want to wish for virtual computer monitors where you can George Jetson yourself a little taste?
I used mint Oreos instead of regular Oreos. Cheryl said it still wasn't quite minty enough for her, but I say they were plenty minty enough.
Interestingly enough, Bud was the big game winner of the night. Perhaps that was because all the rest of us were in a sugar coma except for him. The only thing he ate all night was the mixed nuts. Let's do this again sooooon, okay party people? You know who you are!



4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm game!!! Everything was super cute and super yum! Easter theme next time?

Michele said...

So much fun and tasty too! We had a great time! Thanks again, and yes, lets do it again very soon! :o)

LynnEl Springer said...

I'm in too! Wouldn't that be fun!!?

wylie said...

It all looks wonderful! I'm sure it was very delicious too.