Pin It!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Add Another Candle, Danny

 Once upon a time, there was the most adorable little boy who had gorgeous blond curls and the cutest little smile.


His mommy loved him like crazy. He was her pride and joy. 

He often got trapped having to go to his sister's softball games, so one day he stole his sister's hat.

He loved his mommy, even when she dressed him in funny-looking turtleneck shirts.

One day, the little boy (let's call him...Danny) got a puppy. Well, two puppies, actually.

And Danny suffered through countless "first day back at school" photos, although after his third grade class picture, he tried to never show his teeth in pictures again.

Those puppies grew up to be dogs, as all puppies do. They liked to dig holes. Very deep holes.

Sometimes Danny would show off his funny side. He has a very funny side, but not many people know about it because he keeps it hidden until he knows you and likes you. Otherwise, he stays very quiet.

Danny has had a lifelong love of computers. He grew up to have a job working with computers, so I'm not sure how much he loves them anymore, but whenever I have a problem, I call Danny. He patiently fixes whatever my problem is by giving me instructions over the phone.

When Danny was in high school and I was working as a resource specialist's aide at an elementary school, I would call Danny when I got stuck on math problems. After all, I'm supposed to know what I'm doing at that point, seeings how I'm the "teacher" to these kids. But Danny was never unkind or perturbed about explaining what I needed to know. He's always been very nice to me that way.

Once Danny thought it would be fun to grow his hair really long big. This is what it looked like after a while.

As most little boys do, Danny grew into a fine young man and found himself someone who loved him almost as much as his mommy did. His mommy was okay with letting this new person share in Danny's life, so they got married. Danny's mommy loved Danny's new bride, Erin because she took good care of Danny. 

After lots of days and nights and days and nights, Danny's family grew to include these precious little people. Danny's mommy also loved these new little people just like she loved Danny. 
Happy Birthday my son. I love you sooooo much. 



No comments: