Personally, I preferred just eating the dough, but Karen seems to have enjoyed them more after they were actually dipped in chocolate. Either way, they satisfied the sweet tooth.
This recipe has been adapted from RecipeGirl who adapted it from Food Network. Evidently, any cookie dough recipe can work if you leave out the eggs and substitute a little milk to compensate for the dryness.
Caleb's favorite treat is chocolate chip cookie dough (he usually prefers eating the dough to eating the cookie). I think next time he asks for cookies, I'll just make this dough and call it good, because- it's good!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
1/2 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla extract (I may have poured in a little more than that because I didn't measure)
2 cups flour
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup miniature chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate; the recipe called for semi-sweet )
chocolate bark for dipping (I used more milk chocolate chips- about 1 cup, with a tsp of shortening)
additional chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc., for decorating the truffles (too lazy- did not use)
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla. Mix until well combined. Add flour and mix until blended. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and then add the chocolate chips.
Cover the bowl and place in refrigerator for about an hour, or until dough is firm enough to roll into balls (I used my small cookie scoop). Scoop dough into balls and place them onto waxed (or parchment, but that's more expensive) paper and refrigerate for another thirty minutes or so. I was negligent in dipping the balls right away and didn't get it done until the next day. The dough was drying out by then, so don't let that happen to you!
Melt chocolate in a microwaveable bowl at 30 second intervals, stirring well between heating times as the chocolate will melt more than you think it will as you stir. Dip the dough balls in the chocolate and cover completely. I used a toothpick to lift the ball out of the chocolate because I forgot I had a special tool for doing the same job. Ugh. Just goes to show that a toothpick works too.
Decorate your truffle if you want to make it look fancy-pantsy. Or not. Either way, they taste great.
Refrigerate until ready to serve, and refrigerate the leftovers if you have any.
I was going to tell you how many truffles this made, but because we ate a lot of the balls before they ever became truffles, I really can't say how many to expect, other than to say that RecipeGirl says it makes 3-4 dozen. I think she made her's smaller than I made mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment