Pin It!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Found Something

Last Saturday, my sister and I went to my mother's house to look for some photos we could use for her upcoming birthday party. In a shoebox with several loose photos, I found this.
I don't know if my oldest two siblings wore one of these, but I know the three youngest of us did. As soon as I saw it (it was upside down in the box so I couldn't see the name) I knew it would be mine. I don't know why I knew, but I did.
You could attach it to a chain and wear it around your neck, but I had mine on a bracelet. I remember it would dangle into the palm of my hand and I'd hold it there with my middle two fingers. It may not seem like a treasure to you, but it brought back a piece of my childhood in a moment's time, and for me that was priceless.
And now since you have the address, if you want to drive to Garden Grove, CA, you could drive by my old house. I'm sure that's at the top of your to-do list.




2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have vivid memories of wearing mine too.

LynnEl Springer said...

So do I! We all had one! I do believe I still have mine, altho I no longer wear it!!! :)