It was gorgeous, but so cold that there were signs saying beware of ice. Here's the railing, complete with ice.
I kept looking for the cliffs. I thought maybe I was too late and had already missed them.
I did get to see a very nice sunrise, and I enjoyed the color that was splashed out onto the houses and trees.
I found out later that the cliffs were non-existent. What she had seen on TV was a mixture of programs and the cliffs she thought were at Sydney were really at Dover, England.
We already saw those in 2006, on our Baltic Cruise! At least I got to see a fabulous sunrise :)So here we are in cliffless Sydney.

Home of the largest fiddle. I don't know the significance, but they seem to be proud of it. Maybe Paul Bunyan used to play it.


Sydney did have some nice leaves, however.
We didn't take an excursion in Sydney (my brother and his wife did though, and they said they didn't really see anything either). Frankly, I don't know what there is of interest to do there if you aren't into checking out Alexander Graham Bell's museum. So we just wandered around. We found the store where they sell Clarks shoes. Several in our party found something there to purchase. We also found a park where we took a few pictures.
The exciting life of a gull in Sydney. I know, amazing isn't it? So much to do, even for the gulls.

So while we did a lot of this...
they did a lot of this.
Makes you wonder...um, huh?
And now back to the ship where we see...the back of the ship.


We didn't take an excursion in Sydney (my brother and his wife did though, and they said they didn't really see anything either). Frankly, I don't know what there is of interest to do there if you aren't into checking out Alexander Graham Bell's museum. So we just wandered around. We found the store where they sell Clarks shoes. Several in our party found something there to purchase. We also found a park where we took a few pictures.

The exciting life of a gull in Sydney. I know, amazing isn't it? So much to do, even for the gulls.
So while we did a lot of this...
they did a lot of this.
Makes you wonder...um, huh?
And now back to the ship where we see...the back of the ship.
We were following a path that stopped rather abruptly. Cheryl decided to take my mom and brother on a shortcut which turned out to be not so short of a cut.
I wonder if she saw some cliffs while she was out there???
2 comments:
Too funny sister!! I'm loving the trip commentary and vote you our historical blogger from here on out!
I kept looking for the cliffs too in each picture as the sun rose higher and the pictures go clearer . . . alas no cliffs. Great fall foliage though.
Post a Comment