Pin It!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Quebec, The City

This was the sight that greeted us from the ship when we arrived in Quebec (and just so you can say it correctly, you should say Kibbeck, not Qwa-bec. Yes, I always said it wrong until I went there).

The building at the top of the hill is Le Chateau Frontenac. It's a hotel.


I loved the look of the streets and shops.


Below is the Plains of Abraham. Google it. It'll be faster than my explanation.

This is a canon from WW1.

And here is the fellow the tea is named after, Earl Grey.

Skating anyone?

A little Halloween fun (we were there on Oct. 25)

Spooky ghosts! They were tall.

This guy was not only selling CD's but also selling permission to let you take a picture of you with his dogs. I just took a picture of the dogs without me in it. Saved a buck or two that way.

This guy was also selling CD's. $20 for 15 songs.

This guy wasn't selling anything! I liked him best!

We saw a lot of buildings that were painted with murals. Some were really cool. This one was on a hospital.


This is the most famous fresco in Quebec (did you say it right?). I chopped off the very top in this photo, but you'll see another shot of it tomorrow. It shows all the seasons of the year.
And to give you some perspective of how large this painted building is, compare this photo with the one above.

Gare du Palais

They like their art and statues.


Do you almost feel like you're in Disneyland?

Tomorrow, I'll show you the countryside of Quebec. Awesome.

No comments: