Pin It!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

First Stop, Boston

Throughout the historic part of Boston you will see bricks laid out like this. It marks the Freedom Trail and if you stay on it you'll see many of the sites of the American Revolution.

Our first stop was the church made famous by Paul Revere's ride and hanging lanterns here.
This is the coolest bridge in Boston. If you have questions about it, ask Kim.
A significant battle took place here at Bunker Hill. The monument is 221 feet tall and I foolishly thought I could climb it in the few minutes we stayed there. Silly me. This is where it was said "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes." That was because either the Colonists were lousy shots or they had lousy guns.
This building is near Harvard. The Harry Potter movies were filmed here during the dining hall scenes.
Do you recognize these heads? They came alive in the movie.
Here's what we were looking for! Fall colors!
These are photos from the Auburn Cemetery.


Still at the cemetery, an overlook of the city.
And lastly, the Old State House. John Hancock was inaugurated here as the state's first governor.
We didn't get to go out to Lexington, but it was still a pretty good day! Boston is a cool town. Oh, and we didn't eat any beans. Baked or not.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

One day Luke and I spent the afternoon touring Boston, walking the Freedom Trail and visiting Harvard Campus. Then we went back to my parents house and got engaged! Fun memories - we need to go back! I'm glad you had a good time.

Stephanie said...

It looks just like the book "Make Way for Ducklings." One day I will get to Boston!

LynnEl Springer said...

You're right - no beans, but we did have some wonderful Gelato while we were there! Yum! I want some now!

Ren said...

I told you to get cream pie while you were there! What happened?

Patti said...

We never found any cream pie but we found about 140 Dunkin Donut shops.