There we go. This is the front. It's pretty much what I expected. On the inside too.
This is Anne's room. I'll spare you the others as they were rather plain-looking.
Lovers Lane. I thought it appropriate watching this couple hold hands as they strolled along.
The Haunted Woods. It does look rather scary.
I was just walking along snapping pictures and found my sister! I was totally surprised, because she did not come on the excursion with us, so I had no idea she'd be there!
Then I found my brother, but he was on the excursion with us, so not a big surprise.
We talked about how my brother used to always take us on hikes when we were little. It wasn't always a good thing though. Once he left me on the mountainside at Palm Springs (I didn't even think at the time about how many snakes could have eaten me while I was waiting for him to come back), because I was too slow and he wanted to get to the top before it got dark. It got dark anyway, he wasn't back, I was all alone, and then I saw a car coming towards me at the same time that Tom got back to me. It was my parents wondering where their kids were. I don't hold a grudge against Tom for that because he comes in handy sometimes. Like putting in a pantry light at my house. Thanks Tom.
The Haunted Woods. It does look rather scary.
Then I found my brother, but he was on the excursion with us, so not a big surprise.
We talked about how my brother used to always take us on hikes when we were little. It wasn't always a good thing though. Once he left me on the mountainside at Palm Springs (I didn't even think at the time about how many snakes could have eaten me while I was waiting for him to come back), because I was too slow and he wanted to get to the top before it got dark. It got dark anyway, he wasn't back, I was all alone, and then I saw a car coming towards me at the same time that Tom got back to me. It was my parents wondering where their kids were. I don't hold a grudge against Tom for that because he comes in handy sometimes. Like putting in a pantry light at my house. Thanks Tom. This next picture reminded me of Christmas because of the colors and berries.
But it's not Christmas yet. It's still Autumn.

And lastly, we found my other sister. So much fun!
The thing about excursions...you don't want to be the last one back on the bus because you feel like a dork for holding everyone else up. I think I was the dork three different times on our vacation. It was my camera's fault. It wouldn't stop taking pictures. Yep.
But it's not Christmas yet. It's still Autumn.
And lastly, we found my other sister. So much fun!
1 comment:
Patti,
How fun is that!! I never knew that yu could actually visit Anne's house! Now that I know, I am going to drag Cory there to see it {along with Laura Ingalls' house:) }
BTW I hope that you had a fabulous birthday!!
Post a Comment