Pin It!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Unbelievable

This week something happened. A few days ago, my sister let me know that her father-in-law passed away. I was surprised, because he had just been through some surgery and things looked promising.
Then yesterday afternoon, to my complete surprise, my other sister called and told me her father-in-law passed away too. I just kept saying "no way, no way, no way." He went in to the hospital for some tests because he hadn't been feeling well for a couple of weeks. It's a sad week for many people. My most sincere sympathy goes out to Andrew and to Kim and their families.
Also, tomorrow marks the day my father died, nine years ago. We never know when our time is up. It's just another reason why I want to live every single day to the best of my ability. If I'm living each day being kind, caring, loving, patient, understanding, with charity towards all others, and ready at any time to meet the God that made us all, then every day I get here on Earth will be not only a blessing to me, but to those with whom I have contact that day. I just want to be the best person I can be. I ask forgiveness from those I have hurt or in any way dealt with unjustly. I am sorry. Please know that I love you and never meant to create any difficulty between us.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

My deepest sympathies to both families, it is hard to lose such strong father figures in both of your families lives. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Cheryl said...

Thanks sister for your thoughtfulness and kindness. Goes to show you just never know so I guess we all need to be on our best behavior. It's just all so sad though.

LynnEl Springer said...

That was nice - thank you. I have spent most of the morning with tears in my eyes, if not running down my face. I just am so ready for Andrew to come home. Four weeks is a long time - the most we've ever been apart, and I don't know when it will end yet. It is all so sad. Please pray for a miracle for us! I did have a nice talk with mimi and with DyeDye on my lunch hour, and that helped a lot.