Pin It!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What's new

Last week we bought an accent chair for the living room (why does spell check dislike that as one word?) because that's where accent chairs normally reside, at least they do in the furniture stores. We got to pick it up yesterday and here's how it looks.


And up really close...it reminds me of a shirt I used to have when I was a teenager. It was my favorite shirt. I loved to wear it, and probably did several times a week. There's a story behind the shirt. I shouldn't tell it because it breaks my heart to remember how it came to its demise. Sort of like a story of organ donation, sort of.


Maybe I could tell the story because I don't think Tom reads this blog.

Months ago, I bought this little bear.

Did you ever wonder if they really worked? Do they really keep brown sugar soft? Or, more importantly, can they soften hard brown sugar? The brown sugar from my Santa Clara kitchen was turning into a soft rock. No, not elevator soft rock, but the garden-style soft rock. Hit it with a hammer soft rock. Gotta go buy new brown sugar soft rock. I decided to try out the little bear. Did he get the job done? YES! You rock brown sugar bear- you rock, softly.

Last week I told you the Kitchen Aid was not sufficient for kneading bread dough.


Last night I tried my new Blendtec mixer. Tomorrow we'll find out if it made a difference. I'm also curious to see which bread pan does the best job.


And-
Way to go Kansas for winning the National Championship in NCAA college basketball. Although, I don't know anyone that lives in Kansas. Not even Dorothy lives in Kansas anymore.
Or Toto (and no, you can't really look inside like the picture says- and who knew Toto had written a book?!).

2 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

So I want to know the story of the shirt. And did you steal my shirt I received from Arthur when he was leaving on his mission? I have never been able to figure what happened to that shirt - but the color of your chair reminded me of that shirt of his too!! Funny!! And let me tell you that if you ever, EVER put a picture of a spider on your blog again...! I hate spiders with a passion. So, at least put up warnings beforehand so the reader knows he/she is going into rated R pictures!!

Laura Read said...

Why do you have to wait until tomorrow to see if it worked? Does it take three days to make this kind of bread?