Pin It!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Annie

Saturday night we went to dinner and a play with our friends (the same one's we went skiing with). We made out like bandits because we paid for dinner, they paid for the play. You have to remember that three of the four of us are senior citizens and where do old people always go? "The" Sizzler. Don't they all call it "The" Sizzler, when the name is really just "Sizzler?" I'm not yet a senior citizen (although the girl at Kohl's tried to turn me into one) so I guess that's why I can call it just Sizzler.
After we ate (and ate and ate) we went to see Annie at Kingsbury Hall. I was surprized to see the price on the ticket was $60.50! Each! That makes for quite the pricey outting for them (remember last time we went out with them they took us to the Seafood Buffet and the price of a plate was $60 each. Ouch. Now they're at it again, shelling out another $60 each.
Anyway, I must admit I have never seen Annie. I haven't seen the movie or the play, however, I think I did read the comic strip one time. The little girl Amanda Balon- (she's 10) that played Annie was fabulous. She could really belt out those songs! My favorite though was the woman that played Miss Hanagan (the woman who is in charge of the orphans). She was really terrific. I know I'm not supposed to like her, because technically she's mean to the girls, but she was so good at her role that I clapped loudest for her at the end.
I bet Larry and Lenore will be glad to go back to Virginia next week so they can stop spending so much money on us! We're expensive, but we're worth it!

No comments: