The Good: I took my friend Katye with me to ladies night out at Deseret Bookstore on Saturday night. We got some free stuff. I got more free stuff for finally upgrading my account to platinum. Free is always good. In fact, while they were giving away free stuff all night, we kept thinking we would just leave early. Something kept us there though. The last freebie of the evening was this picture by Simon Dewey.
They called Katye's name! She won it! I was so excited for her!
Some of my purchases that night included the following:
A new scripture tote since my old one can't fit my two "sticks" AND the R.S. manual. Besides, this one is cute.This fabric was 85% off. Bonus is that it matches my bedroom. I'll add it to the rest of the fabric that is waiting to be cut (story on that to be told in a moment).
These cute little guys were begging to come home with me. How could I say no?
The GOOD: Conference. Just way way good. I wish it could be more often than twice a year.
The BAD: I took 3 quilting projects with me thinking I could get them all cut out while I watched conference. Right. In my defense, I DID take one project out of the bag and look at it for awhile before putting it back in the bag.
More bad: We went to Costco and I found something I really really really want. It's $200 worth of want.

I want this so I can keep it in my purse and when I need to take a picture of something that I hadn't planned on taking a picture of, and therefore didn't bring my "big" camera, I'll still be ready for picture-taking. Because, we all know cellphone pictures are cruddy, but better than nothing.Warning: Next comes The UGLY.
Several months (a year?) ago, Cheryl and Kim came with us to St. George. Cheryl was sitting on the couch when she turned into Little Miss Muffett. She screamed and jumped up and never returned to the couch for the rest of the trip. I found this guy hanging around outside. I'm betting the friend Cheryl made last year was probably related to this guy. It was the biggest ugliest spider I've ever seen.
It was the size of a silver dollar. Here it is trying to "hide" in the crevice of the driveway.
It's not doing too good a job of hiding. Could that be due to its enormously huge body? But then, I completely understand that problem. I gained 3 lbs while we were there so it just must be something in the water that makes everything get large down there.
3 comments:
Did you buy the camera? I've so been wanting one of those too! They are just seriously so small and perfect. We even went to Best Buy to look at them, but I was disappointed with the shutter response time, so we didn't get it. The salesman suggested a Canon, which was much better, but also much thicker, so we didn't get that either. Sadness.
YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! You should put a disclaimer on posts with pictures of spiders. They scare me so much!!!
Ok - I'm so glad that you mentioned that was the driveway because after reading about your couch last year I thought the spider was on your couch this year too and I was afraid for two reasons. :)
What kind of camera is your big camera? I really need to learn how to totally use my little camera - but I'm starting to want a "real" one too.
Post a Comment