Pin It!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

I have been loyal to one particular oatmeal cookie recipe for about 20 years. I have finally found another that rivals it. Here it is. For a picture, just scroll down a couple of posts. They're in the baggie.

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
Cream the above ingredients together.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups oatmeal (I used quick)
Sift together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and stir until combined. Stir in as many Craisins, raisins, chocolate chips or white chocolate as you desire.
Bake on parchment-lined cookie sheets at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Don't overbake or they'll be too crunchy. The recipe as it was given to me said to use 1 Tbsp of both the baking soda and powder. Clearly, this had to have been a mistake. But, if you're adventurous, try it and report back. I made them with the recipe as stated here and they were perfect (in my humble opinion). I only used Craisins in my cookies. These cookies also freeze well.
Tomorrow's post includes a contest. Stay tuned.

No comments: