Pin It!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Pictures of a Prophet

I went to the Conference Center this afternoon. The line was long but I've waited in other lines that were longer at times in my life. I saw the prophet's body. He still had his ring on his finger. He was wearing his glasses. He looked peaceful. I was glad I went. I will miss him. Here are some photos I hope you enjoy.

President Hinckley was told he should carry a cane, so he did. He carried it.
It came in handy for waving to the crowd...

and for pointing at things.
Such a different reception from the U.S. President than what Joseph Smith received.
I want to be all that I ought to be because of him.
The great love of his life, Marjorie, his little babushka.
When I grow up, I want to be just like her.
I will miss this great prophet.
But I know he'd rather be with his sweetheart. He was a faithful servant. Well done.
Until we meet again.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh man. I just can't get over how wonderful he is! I'm glad you got to see him. I wish I could go to see him and be able to just be with him for a second. I can't wait for someday when I can see him and really tell him how wonderful we all think he is.