Pin It!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Puzzled

Yesterday I received a deluge of forwarded emails from a friend/patient of ours. Some of them were puzzles. Some were hard, some were easy. Karen and I had fun with it for the most part. Here's one that I found on my own and I liked it because I could solve it without looking at the answer! Love it when that happens! Give it a try. See if you can solve it too.

Inside each set of the following words, there are a pair of smaller words. By putting & between them, lo & behold, you'll make a familiar phrase. For example, "Thighbone/Swallowtail" conceals "High & Low."

1. Skyrocketing/Trolleyman
2. Thermometer/Apoplexy
3. Delaware/Bordering
4. Surprised/Trashiness
5. Throughout/Stumblebum

Did you get them all? Fun, huh?
Oh, regarding yesterday's cookies...I thought that if you chopped some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and stirred it into the dough, that would make the cookies taste completely divine. I'm going to try it. I'll report back later.

1 comment:

LynnEl Springer said...

I did it! I got them all!! Let's see - there's Rock & Roll, Mom & Pop, Law & Order, Rise & Shine, and Rough & Tumble!!! Way fun!!! :)