Pin It!

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Caleb's visit

Lucky me, I was able to spend yesterday with Karen and Caleb. It was Caleb's nap time and while he slept, Bud and I went to pick up some furniture. There's been a debate running through my brain whether to buy bunk beds for the babies' room or a trundle. Why debate? I found a bunk bed with a trundle! Now I need to get it put together before Agnes arrives. That may not be such an easy task, all by myself. Karen can't lift anything heavy right now, not even Caleb (which is why I get to have them with me since Brandon is in CA) and Bud is working today (no, no, certainly I can't work, I have to help Karen with the baby). When we got home, Karen and Caleb were in the babies' room playing on the floor. Caleb saw me and grinned his biggest grin and charged gangbusters to get to me. I've never seen him crawl that fast before. It was great.

This morning Caleb found a roll of dental floss (after all, he does have ONE tooth) and hasn't let go of it. He likes to put it in his Ikea stacking cups and take it back out again.


Here he is eating his banana with a death grip on the floss in his right hand.
Yesterday, I showed Karen how to split a banana. She was impressed. Now she can touch the banana once and she's done! Peel the banana, take out the nasty black thing at the bottom and gently push your finger into the place where the black thing just came from. The banana will split into three sections. just the right size for feeding to Caleb after cutting into slices. No more cross-sectioning into an X from the top.

After all, Nanas should know about bananas!

No comments: