Pin It!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Return of the Cookie Monster

As promised, I tried the cookie dough with the Reese's. Oh heavenly days (or daze in my case)! I told Karen that the cookie (pre-Reese's) only rated about a 6 in my book. She said she wasn't going to try them if they were only a 6. Then I did this with them...


I put the dough into a mini muffin pan and baked it for 8 minutes.


Then I popped a mini Reese's into the just-out-of-the-oven-still-hot cookie.


Look how that is melting in there. Ohhhhh.


This cookie now rates a 10. I don't often give anything a 10! Well, I gave it a 10 when they were still warm (I tried as long as possible to contain myself and allowed them to cool "slightly"). I wondered if they'd be as good after they were completely cooled. Yes, yes, yes. They are a 10 warm or cool.
I give credit to The Pioneer Woman (marked as my favorite cooking blog on the sidebar) for the idea because originally I had planned to chop up the Reese's and stir it into the dough. I couldn't do that because the dough was too cold to stir (having spent the last 36 hours in the refrigerator), so I popped the whole PB cup into the cookie after baking it. Besides, I always think a cookie needs more PB cup in every bite. This solves that. However, no more Cookie Monster needed. I can eat these all by myself! Every last one of them. But, then I would gain back the 15 lbs I worked so hard to lose. Shoot. Anyone seen a Cookie Monster hanging around? Evidently I've got some cookies I have to share.

3 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

Those do look absolutely delicious! I think I'm gaining weight just looking at them! Great pictures, Pat!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

What is WITH all these awesome cooking pictures I am seeing today!

Those look BEYOND good. You wouldn't have any left if I was there... ;-)

I found you via PW..

:-) Beth

Ren said...

Thanks for making me some of your cookies today. They were beyond delish! I wish I would have taken some home with me.