Pin It!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Version

After seeing this little blanket, Laura asked me to make one for her baby. No, that's not Laura's baby, and that's not the blanket I made.
If you want to make one of these, go visit Vanessa Christenson's blog for a great tutorial.
Here's my version, but of course, it won't have Laura's baby playing on it...yet. We've still got about five weeks of "bun-in-the-oven" to go.
I was happily stitching down the binding and had the first side nearly finished when I realized some of my stitches had come through to the front. Do you see it there? I had to take it all out and start again, being much more careful, and checking my needle placement on every stitch.
When you're this far away from the letters, they look greats.
Here's the fabric I chose for the back.
Close-up.
I'm happy with it. It turned out great with Laura's color choices of pink and green.

6 comments:

Laura Read said...

I like the binding

Ren said...

Are you going to quilt it?

Patti said...

No, because there's no batting between the layers. I see that the other girl quilted her's, but I'm okay without it quilted.

LynnEl Springer said...

I wondered the same thing Karen asked - so I have my answer. It is a beautiful blanket (not a quilt!)!! :)

wylie said...

WOW! I am impressed!! It looks great!

Jenny said...

Your's turned out so cute!