Pin It!

Friday, January 14, 2011

I Dislike Curves and Periods

Contrary to what you may have thought this post was about when you read the title, it's really about this...
I was asked to make a little blanket for my newest grandchild who is patiently awaiting her birth-day. She's got about five weeks or so before she makes her grand debut.
I want to show you how much trouble this dot gave me. AAAAhhh! I'm not sure I can let that stay that way. I may have to rip it off and re-do it.
Look at how hard it is to go around the curves! Hard, hard, hard.
More curves. Hard curves.
See? Straight. Nice and straight. The straight and narrow is the place to be!
This period is a little better than the first one. I'm really thinking I have to rip that first one out.
More curves, but this time, let's see if I can improve. Take a close look at this "a."
I did all the pink words first. I guess "practice makes better."
This period is almost acceptable!
When I get it finished later today I'll take another picture and show you the whole thing. Unless I spend all day ripping out that first period. I definitely dislike periods.

2 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

practice practice practice!

Stephanie said...

Don't change it!! It just makes it look like someone made the time to hand make something beautiful. It's fine - your grandbaby is going to love it!!