Pin It!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Game Night

I invited my sister and b-i-l to come over last night to play games. Her first question was "what do you have for treats?" I said I had leftover caramel popcorn, and she said that was good enough, but I figured I'd better up the ante a little so I whipped these up. They were tastyriffic!
And now they're sitting here on my desk at work, taunting me, and it's only 9:30 AM. Too early to start eating cookies, isn't it?
Again for the family recipe book holders- it starts with the sugar cookie recipe on page 295, but with a few changes.
I'll call these Snowmint Cookies because when there's just a dusting of snow outside, I think it looks like powdered sugar.

Snowmint Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 egg
a few drops of green food coloring
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp peppermint extract (I only have peppermint oil, and about 4 drops of it was sufficient)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 - 1 cup Andes chips (depending on how minty you like your cookies)
1 cup chocolate chunks (or chips)
extra powdered sugar for dusting

Mix butter, sugar, egg, food coloring and extracts together. Blend in flour, baking soda and tartar. Stir in chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls (I used my small cookie scoop) onto a Pammed cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for about 8 minutes.
Cool slightly, then dust with a little powdered sugar.

P.S. Cheryl was the winner of game night.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

It's never too early to start eating cookies...unless you're trying to support your husband to lose weight and therefore can't eat anything fun for 30 days starting today, which means NO cookies for me. But, they were way yum last night!!!