Pin It!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Meet Chef Franck

How do you like the new look? If you're reading this in Reader, click through to see how cute my blog is now. I hired a special blog designer to help me with it. Didn't she do a fantastic job? Karen- you are the best!!!!! You rock, girl! If you want her to make your blog look awesome too, let me know and I'll hook you up with her. Her rates are reasonable!

Last week we went to dinner with our friends (same friends we joined on the cruise. Imagine- we spent two weeks with them and they STILL want to hang out with us!). Larry wanted to try this little place over on Holladay Blvd called Franck's. No, it doesn't sound like Frank. Say ahhh. Frahhhhnck's Yes, that's right. We had to get reservations. They had 5:45 or 6:15 available. We opted for 5:45. We were the only first one's there. The next group of diners didn't arrive until 6:15. So...do they not offer a 6PM time slot? We got the best table in the room (there's only one room). They served a total of 23 people that night, and that's because one group was a large group of 9.
Switch!
You know how some restaurants have a TV so you can watch sports or whatever? This one has a camera in the kitchen so you can watch Chef Franck prepare your dinner.
Here's my dinner. Take a guess. What is it?
Lenore and Bud ordered the same thing. Fried chicken.
Larry had steak. Little baby pieces of very tender steak.
The ice cream is made on-site each day by Franck himself. This was chocolate raspberry.
Ooo...ooo...look! It's Franck himself! He came out to see if we loved his food. I forgot to take a picture of the soup (a lobster-coconut-something-or-other, an original Franck creation) we had before dinner. And I didn't take a picture of the bread. I could have eaten just soup and bread for dinner, but my dinner was so good, I'm glad I ordered it and got to take the leftovers home for lunch the next day.
I know you're ready for the answer of what I ate. It was meatloaf. Meatloaf on a bed of mashed potatoes, topped with a blueberry sauce and onion straws. I know- you were just about to guess that, weren't you? But it wasn't ground beef. It was pulled pork and two other meats that I can no longer remember, because, come on- it was a whole week ago!
Steak, chicken and meatloaf, to the tune of probably $120 for dinner. Ouch! Thanks for picking up the tab, Larry! But that was REALLY good meatloaf.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Super cute blog!!! And that food looks AMAZING!

Ren said...

Blueberry sauce? On meatloaf?

Patti said...

I know it SOUNDS weird, but the blueberry sauce was absolutely per-fect! Just thinking about it makes me wish I had some right now...

LynnEl Springer said...

Beautiful blog!! Lovin' it! As for your Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream - are you sure it wasn't Choc./Strawberry - cuz dang if those red things sticking out of the chocolate ice cream don't look like Strawberries....!!! I want to go there next time I come to Utah!!

Amy said...

The blog looks super great! I love the cute little hearts that look sprinkled on the page! So fun!

samandholly said...

120 for 4 people for three courses each? That's cheap! Unless it was 120/person. That's a bit much!

wylie said...

I like the new look! I had never heard of "Fraaaaahnks" until Friday night. Casey took me to Market Street Grill for my first time and we were talking about our favorite restaurants; "Fraaahnks" came up and he of course had been there because he gets to go to all the fancy shmancy places when he hosts his Asia clients. I am so glad you posted pictures, now I DEFINITELY want to go. How fun to have a camera for the kitchen. The foods looks fabulous.

Patti said...

@LynnEl- the ice cream was raspberry chocolate, but it was topped with sliced strawberries.
@Wylie- when you go- GET THE MEATLOAF! Oh-so-good. $28 meatloaf better be good, right? But as Samuel says, that's cheap!

Bekah said...

I love MEATLOAF! I've never seen it look so fancy.
I totally love the tv to the kitchen. But I'm a little afraid of the scorch marks on the outside of the fireplace.