Pin It!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Family Party

Twice a year, Bud has a family party. It took three days for me to get ready for it. I should learn how to manage my time better! For dinner, we had ham and turkey, sweet potatoes with brown sugar and coconut (it's okay, Karen, you probably wouldn't have eaten the sweet potatoes anyway), funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli salad, fruit salad (we call it Christmas morning fruit), and what's shown below. This is the snack/dessert table, but the banana pie is still in the refrigerator. The punch was a can of pineapple juice mixed with a bottle of cherry 7-up. Have you tried it? I like it so much it's what we served for the punch at our wedding.
I made this and turned it into...
this! I think most people liked it. And certainly at the very least, it was colorful!
These babies were my favorite though! Totally, absolutely, killer good.
And here's the sweetest stuff of the night! Carissa, Rae and Lauren!
So...do you want the jell-o recipe or the cupcake recipe first?

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Cupcake, then jello but don't wait too long. Can I be in your family!

Patti said...

Jenny- I'm happy to let you be in my family! But after hearing my stories tonight, are you sure that's what you want to do?

Cheryl said...

Definitely cupcake recipe first!

Stephanie said...

Cupcake - but the jello is intriguing. How fun!

Ren said...

I actually like sweet potatoes. Next time you should try adding coconut to the green bean casserole. That would be absolutely perfect.