First we had pizza pie (sorry, no picture, even though the dough and sauce was homemade), which was followed by Apple Pie and Coconut Cream Pie!
Pin It!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Pie for π
Yesterday was March 14th. I know you're all aware of that fact. But, did you realize that it was a cause for celebration? March 14 is known as PI day (3/14 = 3.14 = π), so to celebrate that, we had pie!
First we had pizza pie (sorry, no picture, even though the dough and sauce was homemade), which was followed by Apple Pie and Coconut Cream Pie!
Before I talk about the coconut pie though, I wanted to show you this.
Do you see it? "Easy Pour Spout!" It says it right there on the box, but I didn't notice until I opened it up. What a fabulous improvement! I loved it!
We've had this pie before, but perhaps you'll recall I wasn't thrilled to pieces with it. It was good, but it wasn't killer. Well, now it's killer.
You can read about it here, and also get the recipe for it if you skipped by it last time. This baby was most excellent! I followed my notes for what I'd do differently and was very happy with it. And, I decided that I was wrong before. The part where I said I wasn't a food snob and Cool Whip was good enough for me, yeah, not so much anymore. This time I didn't have Cool Whip, but I did have whipping cream and I've decided that is the only way to go. You choose for yourself. And I won't mention that a certain person who was invited over for pie ate 2 pieces of the coconut cream pie. I won't mention that part. Nope.
First we had pizza pie (sorry, no picture, even though the dough and sauce was homemade), which was followed by Apple Pie and Coconut Cream Pie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Kind of a stretch on the pie thing. I think you make up reasons to party! So, I don't normally love coconut pie but yours looked beautiful!
Making up reasons is a bad thing? Nah! And I promise I didn't make it up, it's all over the place out there!
The pi sign doesn't look much like the pi sign. It looks more like an n. Sheesh.
Now lets just set the record straight here. EVERY
ONE had both apple and coconut pie but me. I only had a HALF a piece of coconut cream pie and then, since it was just sitting there wanting to be enjoyed, I had the other HALF of piece! So that only made ONE slice of pie!!! But you're right on one thing, it's killer good. Put's Marie's to shame. Thanks for including us!
No one said you needed to come clean- you could have remained annonymous. And to set the record even straighter, I had one bite of the apple pie and left the rest on my plate. And guess what? The one lonely piece of coconut pie that was left committed suicide after it was placed in the refrigerator. The next time the fridge door was opened, it jumped out to its death (upside-down, lid off). Sadness.
such a waste!!
Post a Comment