While Bud was painting the downstairs bedroom (hurray, it's finally done!), I was busy creating a gift-wrapping station in my craft room (notice I didn't say sewing room, even though you can clearly SEE a sewing machine there!)
I saw this idea in an organizing magazine (why don't I subscribe to that? I love that stuff!) and decided I could implement it quite easily and for less than $20. In the basket on the file cabinet is scissors, tape and loose wire bows. In the filing drawer you will find bags, tissue, and confetti shreddings with which to stuff the gift bag.I had this box and 2 trash bags full of rolls of paper, and an under-the-bed organizer full of bags, ribbons, etc.
By sliding smaller rolls down into larger rolls, I was able to condense my storage space to fit the extra rolls of paper into this small space in the craft room closet.
And, I hung up all my quilting rulers under the window. Easy to find, easy to use...uh, if I were to actually start using them again. One of these days...yep, one of these days! Now I just have to figure out the hanging of the picture frames, and this room will be finished.And, on another note, I got to be the lucky winner of Katie's cute cards! Wahoo! Thanks, Katie!
1 comment:
Wow, so organized. I'm wondering, so this wrapping station is that just for your own wrapping or are you starting something here?
My husband was saying I should start a gift wrapping this year because I'm really good at it and I like to do it. Are you selling services?
I think I could set up a station sort of like that (it wouldn't be so stocked or so organized as yours) but I think Jeff is not the only one that hates wrapping gifts (I always wrap my gifts from him).
I can't wait for Christmas and presents.
Post a Comment