Pin It!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Things to Come

(random trick-or-treaters, since I can't post w/o a picture- says Nora!)

I know you've all had pumpkin cookies, but I want to tell you that in the next couple of days, I'll be posting the best tasting pumpkin cookie I have ever tasted. Our home teacher brought a plate of them over, and Bud didn't get ANY of them. I scarfed them ALL! So delish! So that's coming up.
Today I bought the stuff to make a gift-wrapping station. I'm about to go assemble it, and I reall hope it works out the way I have envisioned it. So that's coming up too.
Then, the last thing is that we've finally got the last bedroom primed and it's ready to be painted (okay, the "we" really means Bud. I haven't helped at all). I re-matted a Kincade picture that I want to go in that room, from blue and pink to red and green. It looks so much better. That's the last thing coming up.

And, just to report on the trick-or-treating from last night...we had SO MANY trick-or-treater's come by that I had to break out every piece of candy I had available (well, except for the Snickers). I even gave out several Halloween pencils I brought home from the office. It finally dawned on me that there were many many interlopers out last night. Kids not from our neighborhood shipped in for the haul. I guess they thought we'd give out better candy. Well, they didn't get better candy here. It was just tootsie rolls (flavored, not chocolate) and caramels. Boring. However, today I went to Target and got 1/2 price good candy, so now I'm ready for baking! While I was out, I got a free Chick-Fil-A sandwich just for driving by the restaurant. They're having their grand opening next Thursday and were trying to get the word out that they're new in town. Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Pati! Thanks for entering my give away for the holiday cards. Thanks for putting my button on your side bar and writing a post about the giveaway. You were randomly selected as one of my winners! YAY! So fun! Please email at customlyinvited@gmail.com with your address so I can mail these Christmas cards out to you.