Pin It!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Busy weekend


I was tagged (my first ever tag, by the way) by April to take a picture of ornaments in the snow. The hardest part was eliminating my reflection of bending over the ornaments to get the shot. If I did it again (but I can't because I'm supposed to be working, HA!) I would move the camera back farther and zoom in. I put the camera on some blocks (zoom in, you can see it says "joy"backwards) and used the timer so I could get out of the shot). I only had ornaments from the office, so it's a little boring, but not bad. Unfortunately, by the time I put the ones back on the tree from the neighboring office, I dropped and broke one. Oops.

On my way to Orem on Saturday I went to Ikea because April showed this lovely green cast iron cookware on her blog. Had to get me one. Once I got to the store I had to decide between this one and a bigger one for $10 more. I thought I'd use the smaller one more often because there's only two of us in the house most days. After I left the store, I was wishing I'd bought BOTH of them! After Ikea I went to pick up Karen and we went to Deseret Book Store at University Mall to have Sheri Dew sign her new book for us. After standing in line for only an hour, we got the job done.


Friday night Bud and I went to Kohl's and bought these fabulous dishes. It's service for 12, so you're all invited over! It's Winterberry, by Pfaltzgraff.

This (left) is the online picture of the same pattern.

On Saturday night, we met Amy and her friend, Elissa, and Elissa's aunt (sorry, don't remember her name) at the Utah Symphony. We all really enjoyed the first half of it. During intermission we were talking about how if you had good ettiquette, when you pass someone who is sitting and you're trying to get by them, you should face them rather than have your backside to them. Elissa unfortunately double-dog dared Amy to do a cheek-squeeze to the next person that passed by with their backside to us. The next person to pass was a guy but he faced forward as he passed us, as did the next gentleman. Then a woman was next...at first she started to pass with her back to us, and midway through turned around to face us, and then turned again (what? she's a ballerina?) to put her back to us and at the same time says "there!" and Amy did it! She whacked the woman on the fanny! It was like the woman knew what we were up to and gave Amy the opportunity on a silver platter. Unbelievable. The three of us cracked up for ten minutes. The woman just kept on going like nothing had happened. Amy brought up the story of when Jeremy kept saying "say REAR!" back in the summer of '89. The moral of the story is that if ever you're passing someone that is seated in the row, pass with your front to them to you don't get whacked. Amy just might be sitting in that row.

4 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

That picture of the ornaments in the snow is so pretty - and it's fun to see the trees and building reflected in the ornaments! Looks very pretty! Fun that you got all those new things! Awesome!

April said...

The ornament pic is great!! K - wasn't that so much fun??? If I had a fancy schmancy camera I think I would take pictures of everything, all day long and get nothing else done :)
Oh - and I'm jealous of the pot, it is so pretty! I'm glad you liked it :)

Amy said...

Hilarious seriously. Good job on the details... I told the RS Pres at church about it on Sunday and when the brothers were done passing the sacrament one went past us with his bum my way... but the RS Pres held my hands down. :)

Thanks again for the tickets!!! It was way fun being with you!

Patti said...

It was a dang good thing she held your hands! You'd be called into the bishop's office lickety-split-quick!