Pin It!

Monday, December 10, 2007

The news is out

Yesterday in Sacrament Meeting the main speaker was Taylor Hartman. He started his talk by looking straight at me and told the whole ward that he was sad that Bud and Patti Knowlton were moving. He likened his feelings to being in the spirit world and saying goodbye to someone who was leaving there for a great adventure and said he would miss us. I thought it was very nice. I believe I will miss him more than anyone else in the ward. He's a really good person who shows genuine interest in what is happening in your life. I had told him we were moving when we went to dinner at La Caille earlier this week, but didn't know he was speaking this Sunday, and definitely didn't know he was going to announce it from the pulpit. So if anyone didn't yet know that we were moving, they do now (which included some of the bishopric, mainly the counselor in charge of scheduling the speakers! Guess we'll slip out without having to speak!)
The rest of the meeting was also good. I was wiping tears off my face nearly the whole meeting. The theme of the meeting was Christmas traditions. One speaker said her favorite tradition was playing Christmas music. I can relate because it's something that I start looking forward to in August or September. We have one music station in SLC that starts playing Christmas music on Nov. 1. Most people say that's too early for them, but I'm always so anxious for it! We have one more week for sure in our current ward and then the following week we'll be moving our furniture up from Santa Clara, so I don't know where we'll be exactly, but I really don't want to miss church on that Sunday, so we'll have to figure out somewhere to be that week. Then I guess we'll start going to our new ward for the last Sunday of December. I sure hope we like the new ward, because we'll really miss the old ward.

No comments: