Pin It!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Playing With Cards

In Cheryl's lesson last month she said we needed to expand our circle. We go out with a couple ladies from our ward every month, both of whom belong to a card group. One of the ladies, Mindy, invited me to be a part of the group. I told her I didn't know how to make cards but if she would hold my hand through the process, I would give it my best effort.
Mindy gave me the idea, the supplies and the support I needed to make the cards. I think it turned out pretty cute for my first try.




This is how the card turned out that Mindy made for me as an example. I like it the best because of the font on the word "cake." I also prefer her button.

I thought I had some buttons at home like hers, but I didn't. I had a bunch of the turquoise buttons, 
so that's what I used on the other cards.
 I guess I'm going to have to keep the red button card because then all the other cards will be the same as the rest. Besides, isn't it only fair that I give away cards that I made instead of card(s) Mindy made? I can't help it if that's the cutest one of the bunch, can I?



2 comments:

Laura Read said...

It's cute. You can do this with the Silhouette, you know

Cheryl said...

They turned out great!