Pin It!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Volcanologist

Last week, Caleb, Karen and Bud watched a TV show about volcanoes. Caleb absolutely loved it, so a few days later, he and I did some experimenting in the kitchen. He had a blast. We rolled out some Play-doh and attached it to a jar. Here you can see he is rolling some Play-doh into a ball (no, he isn't preparing to pray).





Stir it up! 


I loved his surprise the first time he saw it explode! The fun part for me was seeing his reaction which stayed terrific every time. 




We went through an entire box of baking soda and several pints of vinegar.











He loved our fun time in the kitchen (who knew you could have a fun time in the kitchen without ending up with a plate of cookies as the result?).
I have now written this post three times as Blogger keeps crashing on me. I think I will hurry and post it before it crashes again. Such frustration! 


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Too cute. Caleb is getting to be such a grown up boy, especially with his shorter haircut. Only you would have several pints of vinegar and an extra box of baking soda on hand!!! Fun!

wylie said...

What a great activity! I was thinking if you got this reaction from a homemade volcano what would be his reaction at Old Faithful? (I know random thought, but he was so cute I could almost picture out right hysteria at Old Faithful.)