A plan was presented to her that if she didn't move, her family could take turns bringing her dinners and helping her clean the house each week. She said that wasn't necessary, but I decided I would take that plan and tweak it a little bit and make it work anyway.
When I make dinner, I plan for a family of five instead of three. I pack up the leftovers before they are even left-over, and put them in the freezer. I'll take them down to my mom when I have several ready to go. Then she can pull them out of the freezer when she doesn't feel like cooking. If I was really smart, I'd plan on menus for eight people and freeze two- giving away one and keeping one! I'll have to work on that.
This first one is called Chicken Chili Casserole- but Karen renamed it. It is now called Cheesy Chicken and Chips. Chips on the bottom and chips on the top!
Here it is on the inside. It was good (those are black beans, not olives- in case you wondered).
This one is called Pork Chop and Stuffing Bake (for real).
I wrote the name and directions for my mom so she can easily reheat it.
Here are a few more dinners, waiting to be delivered.
The name of the book I've been using is called You've Got It Made by Diane Phillips.
It tells you the Make It Now directions as well as the Bake It Later directions. It was a book I bought from Amazon, sight unseen. I had not used the book until Karen got it out and started planning from it. I'm glad she did! I think my mom and Walt will be glad too.
Let me know if you want the recipes for the meals shown in this post.

1 comment:
What a great idea AND great daughter you are! And yes, the recipes would be great! Or maybe I should just get the book.. AND I haven't forgotten about getting together with you. There's always just something going on to take up my time..
Post a Comment