The potatoes were super simple. I peeled about six large russets and cut them into chunks and boiled them in salted water until they were tender. I drained off the water, put the potatoes back over low heat and added a stick of butter. After it melted, I added 1/2 cup of buttermilk (have I told you about my never-ending supply of buttermilk? I LOVE it!) and 1/2 cup of heavy cream. I added a little seasoned salt and that was it. Super easy, totally yummy.
Here's the meatloaf recipe- with credit going to Laura and Nick because it is in the family cookbook on page 110. I don't know where they got it from, so it could be anyone's recipe. Is it yours?
Meatloaf
1/4 cup green pepper
1/4 cup onion
1 T oil
2 large eggs
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 lb. ground beef
Meatloaf sauce
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
dash of hot sauce (I didn't have any and left it out)
3 tsp honey
1/4 cup ketchup
Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop pepper and onion and cook in oil until tender. Beat eggs in a bowl, then add brown sugar, peppers, onions, mustard, pepper, 1/2 cup ketchup, breadcrumbs and ground beef. Mix it all together and form into a loaf (or put it in a bread pan). Top with meatloaf sauce. Bake for one hour. Get ready for some tastiness on your tongue.

3 comments:
I like the new look to your blog. Very autumn-ish. Your dinner beat the cheerios I had for 'dinner' last night.
You are making dinner every night you're here, right???
Oh and the sauce is from Alton Brown
Post a Comment