Karen decided that the party only needed one plate of the apples, so I got to pick a couple of families and treat them (since it's quite the trick to put up with me as a friend).
I also signed up to bring cornbread. Here's how I made it... I have several boxes of cake mix that only makes 12 cupcakes, so it's 1/2 the normal size of a box of mix. I mixed that up according to the back of the box as though I was going to make the cake, then I added to that a box of cornbread mix and the necessary ingredients it called for on the package, which in this case was only water (I know, you thought you were getting a real recipe. I guess that is my trick to you today). I briefly mixed the two together, and baked it in a 9x13 pan for 30 minutes. It was scrumptious. Yep, a real treat. Okay, now go answer your door- there are little ghosts and goblins waiting for candy. Oh, and Happy Birthday to my B-I-L today.
1 comment:
Lis is wondering why she didn't get one of the "real" caramel apples after their failed attempt. I bet they were a hit at the party. How is it you had 18 bags of candy for today? Seriously, who has 18 bags of candy lying around their house? How was the traffic on your street? Thanks for KJ's birthday wish...I'll pass it along.
Post a Comment