Pin It!

Monday, December 13, 2010

No Corncob Pipe

And no button nose, so I'm fairly sure he won't come to life, which is a good thing.
I have a funny story to tell you. Several weeks ago, my b-i-l needed to take some things to D.I.
We were going out with my sister and b-i-l that night, and he stopped by our house to pick us up. He tried to give me a clock designated for D.I. Nice, but I didn't want the clock. I took it in the house, and we left. After our "date," and they dropped us off, I said "Wait, I have something for you!" I ran inside and grabbed the clock, hid it behind my back and when I got to the car, I presented to them their "gift."
Just before I left on our trip, I took my sister a bag of caramel corn (have you tried that recipe yet? What are you waiting for?) and she gave me a little snowman filled with peppermint candies. She also had a nice box wrapped in pretty gold paper tied with a big bow. I adamantly told her she couldn't give me a present as we'd agreed we weren't exchanging gifts this year! She said, "Just open it!" so I did.
Inside the box was the CLOCK again! I nearly died laughing. It was so funny!
Then she said I should take this snowman home as the colors matched my house more than hers. I like the snowman. And I'm holding on to the clock. Who knows where it will show up next. Watch out you guys!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

It was hilarious! Mr. Snowman looks right at home in your house!