Pin It!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Huatulco, Mexico

Our next port was Huatulco. It's pronounced Wa-tool-ko, with a little throat thing going on at the beginning of the word.
I wanted to take Bud's picture next to this sign, but Lenore said she'd take it of both of us. I was hoping for a little more of the anchor but didn't want to ask her to retake it.
If you look closely at the buildings on the hill, you'll see a lot of them are unfinished or abandoned. I don't know the story there.
This little beach is within walking distance of the ship. Our friends went swimming there in the afternoon.
To make us feel welcomed, or to hope for a tip. Probably both.
Subtle reminders that it was near Christmas time. It was pretty strange thinking Christmas was just around the corner when it was 85° outside and sweat was rolling down my back.
People kept approaching us to come sit at their restaurant for a beer. We declined.
I'd like to have seen someone working this loom. That would have been cool.
We hired a taxi and the guy took us around the town for $10 per person. We saw the following...

Don't you love the camouflaged military shack? There were "soldiers" with machine guns everywhere we went.


If you click on this photo, look at the expression on Bud's face. I'm not sure what he was thinking- either hurry up and take the shot, or let's get the show on the road, or I don't trust you with my wife's camera.
This picture is my favorite. It may make the back cover of my next coffee table book.

This is a private marina.
Can you imagine what it would be like watching Harry Potter in spanish? Do you think he'd have an english accent when he speaks spanish?
This was the shot I wanted. Bud is always nice to accommodate his fussy wife.
It's Christmas Eve. My favorite day of the year (yes, I like Christmas Eve more than I like Christmas Day. Weird, I know). I need to go do some Christmassy kind of things because I have not been in the Christmas mood at all this year. I guess it's because I have no kids around, and we were in hot places for most of December, and there is no snow outside. There's just something wrong with having a snowless yard at Christmas time.
Merry Christmas to everyone!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

And because you didn't put up a tree or do much decorating. Your favorite picture is beautiful but my first thought was...GET AWAY FROM THE EDGE!!!! Otherwise, nice pics! I am all ready for Cnristmas, nothing else left to do. It should be a pretty low-key day. I love Christmas Eve too! Merry Christmas to my favorite neighbors!

Patti said...

Sister, if you'd been there you'd have pitched a fit when I took that picture near the edge.