Pin It!

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Last Shall Be First

We spent the last couple of days making Caleb a new quilt. While we worked, Caleb watched Bolt.

The rest of the time he played nicely in the room with us with his new Woody doll and his old Buzz.
Not only were we making him a new quilt, we also made him a couple new pillow cases to go with it!


Here's Ms. Seamstress. She kept the pedal to the metal carpet while I cut, pressed and handed her new pieces to put together.

The hardest part about making the pillow case was deciding whether the planets...
or the spaceships should be the trim (planets won). I'd never made pillowcases before!
Here's the quilt top, waiting for its batting.
And just for fun, here's Caleb happily enjoying pancakes Nana made for him. Wild morning hair!
Such a great, fun, happy, wonderful visit!
I miss you already!

5 comments:

wylie said...

That's what you two were so busy doing!

Laura Read said...

Hi. I'm Karen. I'm really skinny and pretty.

Patti said...

Yes, Lar- she is!

Cheryl said...

Yes she is! Did she have a happy birthday?

Bekah said...

Way cute blanket and cases and Karen. Karen looks so pretty and happy. And just as I remember as a kid.