Pin It!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Karen's Birthday

We celebrated Karen's birthday over a two-day period last week. We started with a little game of Candy Land. Caleb's game fairy made sure he won, even though I was uncharacteristically in the lead for about 10 seconds. But in the end, Caleb was the winner (as always) and Karen was second, which left me in last place. I'm okay with that. Last place is a comfortable place to be. Less stress.
We went shopping and had a little rain to cool us off.
We spent at least an hour in the shoe store. Caleb was such a good boy while his mommy and nana tried on nearly every shoe in the Clarks store that we rewarded him with what he'd been wanting for months- Woody!
We went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory and were one of the first to try out the new Reese's Peanut Butter Cake Cheesecake. Can you say RICH? Wow.
Between the three of us, we could not finish it completely.
On Karen's real birthday, I made her favorite cake. By the time I lit the candles (only 20 because we didn't buy enough), and grabbed the camera, the Cool Whip started to melt under the heat of the candles!
Wait for cutting it? No! Let's just dig in!
It's not fancy, but it's her favorite. Chocolate cake, vanilla pudding, sliced strawberries and Cool Whip.
The end of a very nice day. Look how sweet he is!
Happy Birthday, Karen. I'm so happy I got to spend the day with you this year!

3 comments:

Laura Read said...

Hi. My name's Karen. I look remarkably happy. And skinny. And pretty.

Patti said...

Skinny and pretty have already been established. She's remarkably happy because her mommy was with her!

wylie said...

Happy Birthday to Karen . . . I love how your family celebrates birthdays for days even weeks and occasionally all month =)