Pin It!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And The Winner Is...

Happy Cinco de Mayo, but I don't celebrate it, so we're going to talk about something else.
Thanks to Jenny, I found what I was looking for! Macey's only had the candy bar size- you know- the small little bag, where one serving size equals the entire bag.
Look at the white one. Can you see the little palm tree on there? How cute is that?
But I know you're waiting to see how they compare to the Almond Joy Pieces. Here's a size comparison for starters.
Remember how I complained yesterday that all I could taste of the Pieces was the candy shell? M&M's shell isn't as thick, and you get more coconut flavor simply because the candy is larger. However, with Pieces, you actually get little bits of coconut in the candy, while the M&M is just coconut-flavored chocolate. So which one is better? It's harder to choose than I thought it would be because I really like the bits of coconut in the Pieces, but there's more flavor in the M&M's which for me would give it the winning edge. But- they're harder to find. I guess I'll just stick with a real Almond Joy bar on the rare occasions that I actually eat them. If I were to bake with either of these I don't think there would be much difference in the finished product.

7 comments:

samandholly said...

When Holly's family tried them at Easter, the two comparisons were:
1) Gross Pina Colada
2) Sunscreen

Enjoy!

Jenny said...

I bet the Almond Joy pieces are cheaper since you get a bigger bag. I have to admit, I wasn't a big fan of the coconut M&M's. I like the dark chocolate ones! Glad I wasn't crazy and I really did see them:).

LynnEl Springer said...

Glad you found the coconut M&M's! I haven't tried the Pieces - haven't seen them here yet! But loved the M&M's! YUM! Check out Amy's pictures on Facebook - for her Europe trip and count how many of her pictures have food in them! And the winner is....

Ren said...

Did you really just blog two posts in a row on coconut? Why do I read your blog anymore?

Bekah said...

LOL Karen. I was wondering about the difference here. I'm glad you conducted this candy study. My favorite M&M's are the Strawberried Peanut Butter. They are hard to come by these days though. They came out when transformers 2 came out. I do like the York Peppermint Pieces too.

Sarah said...

I heard they hard started making these and that people love them. Enjoy another handful for me. I don't actually like coconut!

M.E. said...

I love Almond Joy, but I have not tasted either. I will have to try them out and let you know what I think!