Pin It!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How Are You?

How are you feeling today? Here's how I'm feeling.

We were supposed to have the morning off so I could prepare for a family dinner/double-birthday party this evening for two of Bud's children (we'll have about 20 people there).
It didn't work out that way, and here I am at work, getting nothing done. What's making me grumpy though is the number of people who don't pay their bill. For instance, the week before last, a guy came in and we did his work. He gave me a credit card number to take care of his portion of the bill, but would I please wait until Monday to run it? I waited. It was declined. He doesn't answer his phone, and the mailbox hasn't been set up yet, so I can't leave a message to yell at him. He said he was moving shortly, so the address I have on file will probably not work either (mail forwarding? I can only hope).
Well, since I'm stuck at work, I can't make the dessert I had in mind for tonight. Looks like I'll be stopping on the way home with something store-bought. That isn't the way I like to do things.
Thanks for listening. I feel better already.

1 comment:

LynnEl Springer said...

That is terrible! I would say that that man is actually stealing! I would be grumpy too! and when you're such a good cook, and have to be at work instead of making something yummy, only to buy something from the store instead - yeah - GRUMPY!! :)