
It's very convenient to have a chapel on the same site as the temple for serving cookies after the open house. We were told by Bud's cousin (who serves at the open house each Thursday) that they put out over 20,000 cookies a day (oops, I had two cookies). This will be the 129th operating temple in the world, the 12th in Utah and the third in Salt Lake County. Tickets are still available at www.lds.org/reservations or by calling 1-800-537-6181 or 801-240-7932. Tours of the temple will be available on Mondays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Tuesdays to Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Tours run through March 14. The temple will be dedicated March 20. If you live in the area and haven't been yet, what are you waiting for?
Tours run through March 14. The temple will be dedicated March 20. If you live in the area and haven't been yet, what are you waiting for?
4 comments:
The dedication is on March 22nd at 4:30. Rumor has it our block of meetings will be shorten that Sunday so we can go to the dedication. I'm all for that!
I guess I should have clarified that the temple dedication would start on Friday the 20th, and continue through Sunday the 22nd.
What exactly is by appointment only? For the dedication? or for every day temple going once it is dedicated/
You will need an appointment to do a session, from what I understand. That's how they do it at the "smaller" temples. You have to call, tell them when you're coming and they'll tell you if they have available space for you or not!
Post a Comment