Pin It!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Chicken Taco Soup

This recipe can also be called Food Storage Soup, but that might scare some people away. 
                         

I know sometimes it is scary to try a new recipe. Not to worry, I've got you covered. I've kind of been going through Six Sisters' Stuff's Teal-colored book and this is another gem. 

Slow Cooker Eight-Can Taco Soup from Six Sisters' Stuff
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) sweet corn, drained
1 can (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup (I used mushroom because I was out of chicken)
1 can (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
1 can (12.5 oz.) chicken breast, drained (I had leftover cooked chicken in the refrigerator, so I went with that). 
1 pkg. (1 oz.) taco seasoning 
grated cheese
avocado, sliced

Pour all ingredients into slow cooker and stir together. Cook on low heat 2-3 hours. Top with shredded cheese and serve with tortilla chips and sliced avocado, if desired. 
Note: I was in a hurry and chose not to use the slow cooker. I poured everything into a pot and brought it to a simmer, then cooked it for about ten minutes on low heat. Worked just fine! 


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks for trying out so many recipes and then posting them. They look easy and yummy, my two top requirements!