I didn't know if I was going to like the movie. I've seen other Star Trek movies that were just meh. When I was 15, I had a job at Foster's Freeze, washing dishes (it was an awful job, but I learned how to make pretty good cole slaw) and would ride my bike to work but didn't want to leave until Star Trek (in reruns) was over. I had to ride pretty fast to not be late, and usually had to skip the last couple of minutes of the show. Sorry this photo is so small.
I was impressed with the casting of everyone except Chekov. I think they got him way wrong and I should know because I always thought he was the cutest one on the show. His character was rather lame, but he was cute.(As long as I'm confessing here, I also loved David Janssen in the Fugitive and would kiss the TV screen at times. Okay, I was REALLY little then, it was 1963 when that first came out!).

When I saw Leonard Nimoy in the movie I was totally surprised because I didn't know he was going to be in it. That part totally made me cry (yes, you all know by now I'm a crier).Laughed, cried. Loved the movie.
As for the burgers? Loved them too. The strawberry shake that I indulged in was oh-so-good, and the onion rings? Oh! I can't even talk about how good they were. We liked the food so much we went again yesterday afternoon on our way out of town. If you're ever in the neighborhood, go to Marv's.

4 comments:
I totally loved David Jannsen too - but never, nope not even once, have I EVER kissed the tv screen! Too funny that you did that! And how come I don't remember you working at Foster's washing dishes? What a terrible job! I worked there for a long time - but hardly ever washed dishes, and NEVER, nope not even once, did I have to chop or cut onions! I did learn how to make some pretty awesome banana splits and great taquitos!!
I was so happy to see Spock in there too! I loved the movie and it made me want to watch all the episodes! It was great! And HILARIOUS! But I closed my eyes during the yucky bug part... ewwww.... I'm still a little scarred from The Wrath of Khan. :)
Did you know David Janssen was only 48 when he died?
I didn't get the fancy job making the ice cream treats because I was only 15 so they didn't let me deal with the customers. However, I do attribute my ability to make a soft-serve ice cream cone to perfection because of working there and making my own cone before leaving work each day.
Amy, I looked away at the bug part too!
We love Marv's too. We tried to catch it on our way out of town in March but it was Sunday and they were closed. We missed out and now you are making me crave it!
Post a Comment