Yesterday we had two gifts delivered. The first one was this-
and the second was this!
Each came from an orthodontist's office (different offices). The flowers were just a "hey- how's it going?" drop off, and the sandwich was the second thank-you installment from the office that gave us the NBC cake a couple weeks ago. They brought by the file of the patient I supposedly referred to them, and while she did look familiar, I don't have her name in my computer at all, so I can't take credit for referring her to this doctor. However, if you ever come in our office and you need braces, I'll refer you to him so I can get more free chocolate cake and yummy sandwiches.
Now for the other part of my post- the part of my job that I don't care for much. Frequently, I have to call an insurance company and clarify benefits for patients. When this young woman answered the phone, she gave me her name and asked how she could help me. I then said, "Hi, my name is Patti, I'm calling from Dr. Horace Knowlton's dental office regarding (pt's name)." Then she said (here's where it goes bad and I cop an attitude) "may I have your name please?"
"I told you my name- my name is Patti." (now it's her turn to cop an attitude) "Well, I- I didn't hear you, so I'm asking you again."
"My name is Patti."
"And what office are you calling from?"
"Dr. Knowlton's office."
"And what is the patient's name and date of birth?"
"It's blah blah."
I won't bore you with the rest of the conversation, but it never got better. My question is why aren't they listening when they pick up the call? I certainly spoke loud enough for her to have heard me, so it's not that she didn't hear me, she just wasn't listening yet.
I guess from now on, I need to just sit tight and let them go at their pace, waiting for them to ask for the information before I offer it so I don't have to give it twice.
I'm reading a book that has taught me that if I really love God like I say I do, then I'll love all that he's created as well. That includes this girl who doesn't listen. So, I'll try to be more gentle and patient. And, I'm sorry I called her a jerk.
2 comments:
Part of my notes from General Conference read, "Be nice. Even to insurance people." Not easy.
What a great office. I wish any of the people we referred cases too would send us stuff. (Well, one lady sends my boss a $500 Nordstrom card, but that doesn't count cause we don't all get to use it. I don't even think my boss used it.) That sandwich looks delicious. You are loved.
Post a Comment