Pin It!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

NBC Junior

No, I'm not talking about a spinoff of the TV station. I'm talking about Nothing Bundt Cakes one more time. Thursday we went to Provo for Amy's lecture at Women's Conference (which was so totally amazing and outstanding!). Cheryl had been to N.B.C. to pick up a cake for a co-worker's birthday because of my rave review. While there, she bought me a bundtlette to try. I was very excited! Look at that cute sticker they put on the brown paper bag. Don't all addictions come in a brown paper bag?
Here's the little cutie. These photos were taken in the BYU parking lot, on the hood of my Jeep.

Then Cheryl decided she needed to take one of me with my little bundlette. Pardon the reflection of that white car in my sunglasses, and my drastic need of a haircut (which I got the next day).


So the verdict after eating it? Are you ready? IT WASN'T THAT GOOD! It's evidently all about the ratio between the cake and the frosting, and as you can see, this frosting is minimal compared to the thick streams you get on the 8-inch cake. The cake was still moist and tasty, but because there wasn't much frosting on it (do you say icing? I say frosting. Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe). In fact, it took me until Sunday morning to finish eating it. So, in my opinion, don't bother with the little guys. Save it up for the big one, at least an 8-incher. Oh, and I found out that the difference between the 8-in and the 10-in and why the larger one can serve 10 more people than the smaller one is because not only is it 2-inches larger in diameter (see how good I am at math?) but it's twice as deep, therefore, you can serve a smaller size and increase your party size to 18! They'll all thank you for sharing and will swear that they'll be your best friend forevermore. Just don't serve them each their own bundlette.
P.S. Happy Cinco de Mayo. Now go eat some guacamole!



No comments: