When Laura and Nick were away for a bit on Saturday night, I was outside with Agnes while Eliot was snoozing. It was getting into the evening and we were walking from one side of the house to the other side of the house. Something caught my eye which totally surprised me. A brief yellow glow which came as quickly as it went. I looked towards that glow and saw it again. Then another and another. I realized that it was the glow of a firefly.
You're probably thinking "so what?" It was a happy moment for me because I'd never seen one and to be truthful, I wasn't sure they weren't just the figment of the imagination of a fictitious novelist. So for me, it was checking another item off my bucket list because I'd always wanted to see one- or some. Now I have! Such happiness.
Please forgive the camera shake. I had a "helper."
2 comments:
The closest I've ever come to seeing a "firefly" is at Disneyland, on the Pirates of the Carribean ride, but it's not something that's on my bucket list, so I guess seeing a fake one is okay. Pretty cool though. Thanks for sharing.
I can't believe that you've never seen a "LIGHTNING BUG"!!! Nobody I know calls them fireflys except Californians!!! When you drive down my road at night, I will turn off my lights and just sit and watch all of them in the fields. It is a spectacular sight! Makes me so happy! But the coolest is when they hit your windshield when you're driving - then you have to quickly turn on your windshield wipers and you have instant glow all over your windshield! It's awesome!!! The joys if being a midewest girl and living in the country!!! :)
Post a Comment