Pin It!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What Color is My Thumb?


On my day off, I spent part of the day in the yard. Bud got up at crack-o-dawn, as usual, and before I knew it, he'd pulled out the bush that was covering up my porch. What good is a porch if you can't see it because a "Big-Ol'-Bush" is hiding it? I told Bud I wanted to replace the b-o-b (yes, Bob. Jeepers, now that it has a name I'm a little sad to have caused its demise!) with some kind of pretty flowery thing. I found out the pretty flowery thing's name was Hydrangea. Bud put Bob in the back of the Jeep to toss it in the dumpster at work. It looked bigger in the car than it did in the dirt. Hydrangeas can change the color of their flower depending on how much aluminum and/or acid is or isn't in the soil. That's crazy!
Here's Bob in the Jeep

Bob's last known address. But now I can see my porch!

Welcome pretty flowering thing, Hydrangea.

It's name is Pink Elf. No, I didn't name it.
It reminds me of the grand finale of a fireworks display.

This little cluster is named Buttons and Bows. Love it.

Yes, the color on this baby is THAT bright! It's called Neon Star something or other.

Look, Amy! There's your peppers just waiting/hoping to grow big enough for you to eat them like an apple. They are happy peppers because you said you don't discriminate due to color. And behind them are a couple of celebrities- Celebrity tomatoes. Those babies take almost three months to bring on the fruit. That means nothing till September. Can I wait that long? Guess I'll have to.

And, this little guy? He's little for now, but just give him a minute or two. Break out the recipe for zucchini tacos! Hehehe...I've got green AND yellow planted. Zucchini bread and spaghetti and-and-and pancakes- oh? Maybe not pancakes.

3 comments:

Laura Read said...

Great garden. How much space do you have to plant?

April said...

I love the Hydrangea - I just bought some too!

Amy said...

I love Hydrangea's too!!! So so so much! They are all over WA and seriously make me so happy. So do yummy peppers! Can't wait to have some fresh ones! I bet they're even better than the ones I eat at the grocery store! :) j/k.