I have been wanting to try these rolls for about two years. You'd think I'd have done it before now, but no. I figured my mom's birthday was special occasion enough, so I decided it was worth the "effort." Yep, lot's of effort.
Open a can of crescent rolls. Separate the dough at the perforations into the pre-formed triangles. Sprinkle on French-fried onions, as much or as little as you'd like (but why bother if you only put on a little?) and roll up. Place on baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes at the temperature listed on the package. And if you're feeling very very Martha (as I was on Sunday for this special dinner), brush the top of the roll with beaten egg white before you bake them. If you want even more yummy onionyness, dip the rolls into more onions after you brush them with egg white. Whew! I'm exhausted. But these were worth the effort! Don't wait two years to try them.
No comments:
Post a Comment