Pin It!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ponderings

I was thumbing through last month's Woman's Day magazine before I tossed it and came across something that made me pause. It was an article entitled "If only I knew then..."
What caught my eye were these words- "Be kind instead of right."
The story said "...we can be inflexible in our views and insist on being right, rather than realizing the benefit and graciousness of simply being kind."
I'm going to work on that.

We got home from St. George late Monday evening. I had turned off the A/C before we left and the temperature dial read 89 degrees (that's not a band is it? No, I think it's 96 degrees for the band...maybe). We were too tired to wait for the house to cool down so we slept in the basement bedroom. It was most excellent. In fact, it was perfect. Just being grateful, Mister K. Thanks so much for all you're doing for me. And thanks for my basement bedroom(s).

Two days till the airport. Agnes called today. Can I just take a moment to tell you how bloomin' cute that girl is? That girl is bloomin' cute. It's kind of a "you had to be there" thing, but I'm tellin' ya, bloomin'.

No comments: